P.P..P...Pimp That Chilli Choc Penguin
by Jon and Jo for £7.50
18th June 2006
Pages: 1 2
2 –3 tsps Mild Chilli Powder for that extra (chocolat) kick...!
250g Self-Raising Flour
100g Soft Brown Sugar
2 tsp Spiced Chocolate Powder (Chilli, Cardamom, Ginger, Cinnamon)
1 1/2 Packets Bourneville Chocolate Frosting
450g of Dark Cooking Chocolate
& a few sheets of baking parchment
1. Mix together the sugar, margarine, flour, chocolate powder and a few pinches of chili powder...
2. Get very sticky hands in the process, a fiance is helpful at this point to add extra flour when needed, to get the mixture of your hands..!
3. Roll out the mixture onto baking parchment as it sticks like buggery to a chopping board, or worktop, even with flour down...also it’s very flimsy when it’s so thin, so breaks apart easily...Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes gas mark 5 or 6, and leave to cool...the freezer works very well when you need to save time...
4. Spread as much chocolate frosting as you can over one half of the biscuit I managed to get nearly two packets in there...
5. Carefully place the top half of the biscuit on top, and press down...I found using two chopping boards the best option for this (even pressure)...then trim off the excess filling and put into the freezer again for 15 mins or so...
6. Melt the cooking chocolate over a pan of boiling water and add a few extra ingredients (chili powder)...believe me, it tastes great...