by James Piatt for £6.00
24th April 2006
Pages: 1 2
Want to eat the same biscuit as Richard Branson and Bill Gates? If so try the Billionaire's shortbread, much better than the cheap copy most millionaires buy. To get yourself started you will need the following items.
150g caster sugar (Sweet)
750g butter (Sticky)
440g plain flour (Dusty)
2 x 397g cans of condensed milk (Runny)
6 heaped table spoons of golden syrup (Very Sticky)
600g chocolate (Tasty)
1. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees C.
2. Line a BIG tin with greaseproof paper
3. Put the flour, sugar and 350g of butter into a bowl and rub it all in together until it looks like breadcrumbs. You will get really sticky fingers here but who cares, you get a super sized biscuit for your work.
4. Stick it all in the tin and squish it down so that it is nice and even.
5. Put it in the oven for about 20 minutes or until its nice and golden brown.
6. Once thats done take the biscuit out of the tin and leave it to cool. Reline the tin with cling film.
7. Now for the toffee/caramel/fattening middle part. Get the cans of condensed milk, golden syrup and remaining 400g of butter and put in a microwaveable bowl.
8. Microwave for about 12 minutes but only 2 minutes at a time as it gets so hot it can melt your arm off. Stir as you go. This is done when it starts to bubble and turns golden.