After weeks of annoying my collaegues with talk about snacks that I could pimp I decided that it was time I
take action and actually do one! The first challenge I faced was finding something that hadn’t yet been pimped,
after scouring the supermarket shelves I finally came up with the idea of Animal biscuits.
I wasn’t sure what the biscuit base was but decieded that short bread would be the best bet and hopefully not that
difficult to make. So the ingredients were:
12oz plain flour
4oz castor sugar
2 bars Cadbourys’s chocolate
The second challenge I faced was which animal to pimp, I didn’t realise there were so many!
I decided that since the whole aim of the project was to make the bisuit bigger I should opt for the elephant.
The next thing I did was to make a template. To do this I drew around the bisuit on small squares, then I
copied this onto some bigger squares.
Then it was time to make the shortbread. To make this, sieve the flour into a bowl, add the butter and rub together
to make bread crumbs. Stir in the sugar and make it into a dough.
Roll out the dough until it’s big enough to cover the template. Cut out and add on the details.
Then I had to try and get the bisuit onto the baking tray. There was a slight injury to the elephant’s right ear
but eventually I got it onto some greased proof paper and then onto the baking tray. I put it into the frige for 15 minutes
as this is meant to make ‘crispier’ biscuits.
It then went into the oven for 30 minutes on 150c. Although after 20 minutes I was opening the oven door every minute
to make sure it didn’t burn.
Once the biscuit was cool, I covered the back in melted chocolate. I tried to replicate the squared pattern that
the original biscuits have but the chocolate was still too wet hence the non-squared pattern.
Some comparrison shots from the back.
And some comparrison shots from the front.
Calories per biscuit 20
Size 4.5 X 3.0 cm
Weight didn’t register
Calores per biscuit 4000
size 33 X 21 cm
Weight 24 ozs