by Libby Khan and Jesse Downes for £6.50
18th March 2012
We have made a gaint Jammie Dodger. We are form a school in Tuxford called Tuxford Academy and we did this project for a stem club i attendend. The creators of this were Libby Khan and Jesse Downes.
We used: 525g of butter,
750g of plain flour,
225g of caster sugar,
150 ml of water,
2 table spoons of strawberry jam
2 table spoons of plum jam.
1. We mixed the butter, plain flour, caster sugar and the water in a food processor.
2. Next we collected all the dough into a massive ball and cut it in half.
3. Then we each got a half and rolled it with a rolling pin.
4. After that we got a plastic bowl and cut around it so we would have the same sized cake.
5. We than cut out a template for the heart and cut it out. Also we add the extra detail.
6.we than but it into th oven for 30 mins.
7. While it was in the oven we mixd both jams together, put it into the microwave for 10 secs and then put it in the blast chiller for 3 mins.
8. We than took the biscuits out of the oven and put them in the blast chiller aswell. They were in for 15 mins.
9. After they were cool we put the jam on the bottom layer and then put the top over it.
10. After we scooped the remaining Jam into the heart to make it stand out.
11. Then we had the finshed project
It will cost approximatly £6.50