by Slackster and Sparks for £4.00
3rd May 2006
Pages: 1 2
Crunchies are only one of the best chocolate bars ever, but the CRUNCHER has more honeycomb, more chocolate and plenty of pimping!!
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
2 tsp water
1 tsp baking powder / bicarbonate of soda
1-2 packets of chocolate ?
1. Find a tin (or make another container into one the right size with tin foil)
2. Grease the tin so that there is more chance of getting the honeycomb out!
3. Put the syrup, water and sugar in a thick based pan and gradually heat until the sugar has dissolved.
4. Bring to the boil and boil for 7 minutes (according to the recipe) which all looked fine at about 3 – 4 minutes, but then came the burning smell…
5. However, we carried on until 5 minutes and added the bicarbonate of soda – everything looked fine until it sank…and sank so far that when set it had to be chiselled out of the container (so much for greasing it).
6. Anyway, we tried again, this time only boiling it for 3 minutes.
7. Greaseproof paper always helps to save chiselling!