by Alison Bad Mutha Bateman, Loz McSpoz, Bargain Hunter for £10.00
2nd June 2006
Pages: 1 2
2 x pastry cases
Jar of sainsbury's el cheapo jam
Large box of icing sugar
Ingredients for Almond sponge (eggs, flour, butter, sugar, crushed almonds)
3 students with dissertations to write
After weighing up the pros and cons of snacks possibly worthy of pimping it emerged that a firm favourite was the Cherry Bakewell...
1. Pastry cases were crushed till they could take no more and butter was melted until..it was melted...
2. Crushed pastry and butter were united to co-exist as one forever more
3. Pastry and butter combo was inhabited in what was to be it's home for the next 2 hours.. a big bowl which happened to be the right shape (which we had lined with cling film)..which was placed in the freezer
4. Icing sugar and water were whipped up into a frenzy
5. hmmmm almond sponge...
6. ta-da! (Cherrys are divided and conqered while we wait for sponge to cool)