by for £2.00
7th May 2006
Pages: 1 2
4. For a nice colour, I brushed it with some beaten egg a well. Please note novelty pastry brush from sister-in-law.
5. As the oven was already pre-heated (from the fancy) the cheddar went straight in for about 15 minutes.
6. Once out the oven, I realised what all pastry chefs would already know; pastry shrinks when cooked. Now the cheddar was not only smaller, it was also not perfectly round. Oh well.
7. With the leftover pastry, I baked a bigger cheddar, which turned out worse, even though it as bigger, and to be fair to Walkers, I also fashioned a Potato Head, based on my memory of this inferior snack. There’s no comparison shot with a real Potato Head, but it looked pretty much as I remembered it.
8. Still with leftover pastry, I wondered what else I could possibly make. Remembering the Magic Stars previously pimped, I made cheddar stars with a Christmas cookie cutter. Aww.
9. So, there we have it. The taste was pretty much the same, and it was Maxi, but I was still a bit disappointed with the unclear lettering. Oh well, at least there’s another savoury pimp to malign.