by for £12.00
6th June 2011
2 tsp baking powder
5 tbsp cocoa
430g soft brown sugar
350g black treacle
150g golden syrup
1 carton of double cream
1 whole box of icing sugar
2 tbsp caster sugar
Approx. £12.00 (we spent £10.69 in the shop but we had a few ingredients already)
2) Sift the flour, melt the chocolate, butter and treacle together.
3) Kneading the liquids into the dry ingredients. Added food colouring - wore rubber gloves.
4) Attractive dough. Looking good.
5) Roll and cut out the base...
6) ...and all the tiny, tiny pieces...
7) The integral piece.
8) Put it all together and bake for a long time. Times 2!
9) Mix the filling.
10) Measure up.
11) Feel proud, very proud.
12) 4 people, 6 hours, a tense cross sectioning.