by Melissa Cowan for £25.97
13th June 2011
800g chocolate melts
50g glucose syrup
500g brown sugar
500g condensed milk
1 large box of coco pops
Table spoon of vanilla essence
1. Melt 400g chocolate and spread on the bottom of a large baking tray lined with baking paper and put in fridge to set for 10 minutes.
2. Mix milo & coco pops together in a large bowl, melt a tablespoon of glucose syrup into 250 ml of boiling water and add to coco pop & milo mixture, stirring until mixed
3. Put mixture onto hardened chocolate base, compact into dome shape using spatula
4. Make caramel by : In a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Heat to between 234 and 240 degrees F (112 to 116 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water and placed on a flat surface. Cook for 2 minutes at that temperature. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
5. Pour caramel mixture onto the top of cocopop dome, leave in fridge to set for 20 minutes.
6. Melt the remaining chocolate in a pot, remove from stove and stir in extra coco pops and then pour on top. Leave to set.