525g Plain Flour
9 tbsp Birds Custard Powder
3 tsp Baking Powder
150 g Unsalted Butter
150 g Vegetable Shortening
9 tbsp Caster Sugar
3 tbsp Milk
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4/180c
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar
- Beat the eggs and milk together, and add to butter mix.
- Add flour, custard powder and baking powder.
- Form the dough into a ball and press down into a fat disc, wrap in cling film and rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Separate dough in half, and make large biscuit shapes.
3 tbsp Birds Custard Powder
300g Icing Sugar
150g Soft Unsalted Butter
3 tsp Boiling Water
Mix custard powder and icing sugar.
Add butter and mix til smooth.
Gradually add water.