Want to eat the same biscuit as Richard Branson and Bill Gates? If so try the Billionaire’s shortbread, much better than the cheap copy most millionaires buy. To get yourself started you will need the following items.
150g caster sugar (Sweet)
750g butter (Sticky)
440g plain flour (Dusty)
2 x 397g cans of condensed milk (Runny)
6 heaped table spoons of golden syrup (Very Sticky)
600g chocolate (Tasty)
1. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees C.
2. Line a BIG tin with greaseproof paper
3. Put the flour, sugar and 350g of butter into a bowl and rub it all in together until it looks like breadcrumbs. You will get really sticky fingers here but who cares, you get a super sized biscuit for your work.
4. Stick it all in the tin and squish it down so that it is nice and even.
5. Put it in the oven for about 20 minutes or until its nice and golden brown.
6. Once thats done take the biscuit out of the tin and leave it to cool. Reline the tin with cling film.
7. Now for the toffee/caramel/fattening middle part. Get the cans of condensed milk, golden syrup and remaining 400g of butter and put in a microwaveable bowl.
8. Microwave for about 12 minutes but only 2 minutes at a time as it gets so hot it can melt your arm off. Stir as you go. This is done when it starts to bubble and turns golden.
9. Put the biscuit back in the tin and pour on the toffee type stuff and place in the fridge until its set.
10. Melt all the chocolate over some boiling water, being careful not to eat too much. (I had to go and buy more for this reason) Pour it over the biscuit and toffee middle and put it back in the fridge.
11. When it is set take it out of the tin and add some 24 carat gold (not cheap stuff from the market) for decoration.
This monster snack weighs in at a huge 3 kilos, making the 80g cheap immitation look rubbish. Sir Alan Sugar would be proud!
Just an afterthought, please do not sue me if you swallow a ring or somethimg, that would be your own stupid fault.